Monday, October 20, 2008

10/20/08 Life in general

Man it has been a very, very , very long time since I have posted here! Over a month since I decided to let people know how things are going.

First let me say that life is very good right now. (Hope I don't jinx it there.) I am getting home nice and early after school because I finally got out of coaching volleyball. I have to say that I am much happier now knowing that I don't have to think about the sport that I once loved every waking moment for 3 months. Now I get home and have a chance to see my sons - it couldn't get much better than that.

School is going well. My classes are made up of some really nice students. Most are hard-working while others could show a little more effort but they do have great personalities. The first quarter is quickly coming to an end and some will be very surprised by their grades, especially since 70% of that grade comes from performance on quizzes and tests. It will be a rude awakening for many. But I have tried to keep them abreast of the situation.

My wife and I have bought a small 49.5 cc engine scooter. Most days we do carpool, since Valerie's schedule has changed and we can go in and leave at the same time. But I wanted to do what I could to use a smaller amount of gasoline. I have to say that I love riding it, even if it is cold in the morning. I was really stoked for about two weeks, until I rode by a couple of mile markers and realized that the odometer measures in kilometers rather than miles. But 87 mpg is far better than my Durango which gets 15 mpg on a really good day.

As for the geocaching front - I have to say that it has only gotten better. I have tried to get back to caching the way I really liked when I first started. Getting out in the woods and taking a really nice walk or hike. But more about that later. I have hidden one new cache, just last week. Calvert History 101 is another cache that I hope people will enjoy because it takes them to various locations around the southern part. Many will drive all around to gather the information but others will click the one button on the page that will help. Each of the historical markers is a "waymark" and the information can be read from each of their listings. I hope that people enjoy it!

Honest to goodness - no sooner do I write that everything is going well I develop a pretty bad pain in the neck, literally. More later.