Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29th My summer so far.

Man has it been a very long time since I have posted here, considering that the last post involved a SNOW DAY. Well what has been happening you may ask? First the school year ended just fine. With the exception of one senior prank, nothing too exciting happened as the year came to an end. My sons participated in their school talent show and as a proud father I will say that they did quite well. Maybe I'll edit the video and load it up sometime for others to see.

Currently summer is in full swing and I am having a great time. The boys spent a week at "Summer Fun Camp" in Salisbury, MD. It is a Bible based rodeo camp put on by the Salisbury Baptist Temple. They enjoyed it a lot.

After that we spent a week with my family at the Corolla Light Resort in Corolla, NC. Private pool and hot tub, a chance to relax and go crabbing, kayaking and spend some time with family is always a GREAT time! While down on the Outer Banks I, in fact the entire family, tried our hands at hang gliding. Taking off from the top of the dunes at Jockey's Ridge, we flew about 100 ft or a little more. The boys loved it and would have done it all day but my wife and I got a little tried. We also spent some time on the beach itself, having driven onto the beach just north of Corolla at the beach access. There the boys loved playing in the ocean and watching an occasional horse, or horses, wander by.

But alas we are home, back in Maryland now. But when I think about it - the summer has just begun. Let's have some more fun!!